Periodically, Dave livestreams an hour of professional development on a select topic for his colleagues around the world. His aim in these sessions is to provide world-class professional development that addresses head and heart, research and practice, teacher and student. As Jen Gonzalez said in a recent Cult of Pedagogy piece, “Dave goes deep.”
Below, you'll find a full list of Dave's webinar recordings and any upcoming webinars.
Coming Up — Register Now!
Episode 03: Deeper and Wider than Teacher Self-Care: How to Remain Constant in a World that's Not
- How to cultivate a sense of rootedness and autonomy when every week it feels like there's another world-shifting change;
- How to grapple with information overload in a year when “new” is normal (and how to help your students and families do this, too);
- How to properly grieve the loss of things that we've always loved about teaching;
- How to handle negative comments from others and negative thoughts in yourself;
- and more.
Now Available On-Demand
Episode 02: How to Build Strong Relationships When Starting the Year Online 😱
- A calming protocol to use when you find yourself overwhelmed by All the New and Huge Distance Learning Things You're Supposed to Know Now;
- Dave's deepest insights and latest research around moments of genuine connection and how they work remotely;
- Grounding principles for keeping relationships-building efforts properly situated in light of our biggest goals as teachers.
- Practical strategies for keeping relationships work effective but efficient so that you're not selling your personal life in exchange for professional success.
Episode 01: How Does Student Motivation Work? What Has Spring 2020 Taught Us About Student Motivation?
- What are the five key beliefs and how do they work under normal circumstances?
- How did the five key beliefs change during COVID closures and emergency remote teaching?
- What might we be thinking about as we go about our summers and begin to look to fall?